About Seniors (School)
Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth, oh, never mind
You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth
Until they’ve faded, but trust me, in 20 years, you’ll look back
At photos of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now
How much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked
You are not as fat as you imagine
Baz Luhrmann – Everybody’s Free (to Wear Sunscreen)
Grades 10 – 12 are considered to be your senior years at high school. Most of you will only receive a picture from the school which, let’s face it, is not really that inspiring or flattering, and maybe you will feature in the year book. Many will never really document these important years on film. This time in your life is the starting point of where your life will go, the starting point of making you the person you know you want to become. These senior photographs would make you feel confident and not only proud of how you look but also to give you those fashion inspired, magazine quality photographs that you can keep for the rest of your life as a reminder of your school years.
What are the occasions to capture in a seniors shoot? The obvious would be your matric dance and debs ball. Although selfies and official photographs are taken at these events, so much effort has gone into your dress which is not entirely appreciated or captured in the excitement of the night. So give yourself the opportunity of reliving the excitement of your dress by coming in for a shoot. We will do your makeup professionally and give you magazine quality images that probably won’t be matched till the day of your wedding!
But your senior years are not just about a dance.
Whatever extra curricular actives you do it’s great to capture you in action, whether you are a debater, a sports person or into the arts, lets jointly be creative and design a photographic package around what you do best wearing your favored outfits.
How to prepare for your senior shoot
- If you are doing a sporting or extra curriculum shoot, we will set the shoot up, you may feel a bit silly but the results are great!
- This shoot is designed around giving you a glamour fashion look, so take the package with makeup so that you look like and feel like a super model.
- Practice a couple of poses so you know what you are comfortable doing.
Here are a few ideas for your senior photography
• A fashion inspired shoot, think Vogue and Harpers Bazaar in your favourite outfits, a fashion adventure.
• Being photographed in your sports gear on a field.
• Doing your favourite hobby such as; painting, scuba diving, chess, debating, hydroponic gardening, graffiti art, singing, playing a musical instrument, computer games, building computers or robots, golfing, skateboarding, the list is endless.
• Urban pictures at a place like 7th street in Melville or similar.
We can have a meeting and come up with a cunning plan and do something out of the box, here are a few examples, but the list is only limited by your ideas:
• Spend a morning at reefsteamers.
• A picnic at Walter Sisulu National Botanical Garden or similar.
• Fishing at Bass Lake or your other favourite spot.
• Clay Pigeon shooting.
• You might just want to have shots taken in our studio, we have over 8 dedicated sets.
• Dancing at your studio, modern, ballet, tap, contemporary.