Your wedding pictures will last forever but your wedding only lasts for one day, which will fly past. Far too many brides take a big risk with their weddings as they do not know what to look for in a wedding photographer. Our first recommendation is not to choose your photographer based upon price.
Meet with a number of wedding photographers, find out about their styles, see if you are going
Selecting a Wedding Photographer
Your wedding only lasts one day, but you’ll want to hold onto the pictures forever. Unfortunately, statistics show that many brides take big risks with their memories…by simply not knowing what to look for. To help you select a photographer who will make your wedding story one-of-a-kind, try these suggestions:
- Interview several photographers. Ask questions about their styles. You will get photographers that offer the traditional portrait styled shoot or give you that photojournalistic style. We offer both but also shoot with a fashion styled flair. We will also give you your images in both colour as well as black and white.
- View their portfolio. Insist on seeing the photographers portfolio as this is the type of image that you are going to get, you can ascertain if their quality of photography is good enough for you.
- Relationship building. This is often overlooked by the bride, you are more than likely going to be stressed on the day, you are also going to spend a lot of time with your photographer, ensure that you do not have personalities that are going to clash. You do not just want someone to take pictures you want someone who is able to tell a story of you very special day. You should have a good idea as to whether you will get on with your photographer when you have your pre-meeting, which by the way is essential, we recommend that you do not just hire a photographer and have them pitch up on the day. You need to discuss your preferences.
- Back up. Ensure that the photographer has backup equipment and can continue shooting should their camera fail. We always send two photographers in the unlikely event something goes wrong with the equipment, besides having a backup you will get an additional photographers viewpoint.
- Communication. Find out exactly what the fees that you pay are going to cover. You need to ensure that the photographer has a clear understanding of your expectations. This is another reason why a pre-meeting is essential you do not want any misunderstanding.
- References. It is always advisable to get references from other brides.
You are now armed to make a decision about your wedding photographer, we do hope you decide to choose us to record this very special day.